1. How should I take Norgesic® Forte?
Take Norgesic® Forte exactly as your healthcare provider tells you. Norgesic® Forte comes in a tablet that can be split in half, so you can take the amount that is right for you.
½ to 1 tablet
3 to 4 times a day.
Talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist about how much to take.
2. What types of pain can Norgesic® Forte help relieve?
Norgesic® Forte can help to relieve pain caused by:
- Common strains and sprains
- Low back pain
- Muscle aches
- Headaches caused by neck/shoulder problems
- Joint pain, such as arthritis
- Musculoskeletal injuries or other painful conditions that affect muscles, ligaments, tendons, and bones
Norgesic® Forte is used alongside rest, physical therapy, and other measures used to relieve pain due to these conditions.
3. What important information do I need to know while taking Norgesic® Forte?
Norgesic® Forte may make you drowsy. Do not drive, operate machinery, participate in dangerous activities, or do anything that requires you to be alert until you know how Norgesic® Forte affects you.
If you take too much Norgesic® Forte or overdose, seek emergency medical treatment right away.
4. Who should not take Norgesic® Forte?
Do not use Norgesic® Forte if you are pregnant. Children under the age of 12 should not take Norgesic® Forte. Do not use Norgesic® Forte if you have chicken pox, flu, or flu-like symptoms. Aspirin, which is found in Norgesic® Forte, can increase the risk of a serious and potentially fatal condition called Reye’s Syndrome in children and those who are suffering from chicken pox, flu, or flu-like symptoms.